The day didn't go as planned. There was all kinds of conflict. But that's ok. Hurt is where mothering shines. And this so reminds me what Paul tells us God says to him in 2 Corinthians...that His strength is made perfect in weakness. My strength or patience so pale in comparison to His (or even MANY other mamas I know) but if there isn't a need for our quiet love and gentle hand then what is the use? What would my purpose here be?
So, like Paul, I will boast about my weakness so Christ's strength can rest on me. For when I am weak I am made strong in Him.
My many Mother's Day Gifts, the graces from Him, I am thankful for every moment~
345. hand made cards
346. words sounded out by new readers
347. beautiful flowers on the table
348. my favorite breakfast made for me
349. blueberry-cinnamon pancakes with butter all melted
350. Noah making waffles for his dad
351. presents to unwrap, ones that were so thoughtful
352. Nathan's "gifts" of his stuffed animals over and over again
353. words in a card picked so carefully by my husband
354. the sun and spring day bringing me their own gifts
355. movie and popcorn and quiet dinner at home together (exactly what everyone needed)
356. many messages and cards from sisters, my mom and friends wishing me a happy Day